These delightful tartlets taste as good as they look. Using frozen pastry cases, crunchy macadamia nuts and brown sugar give these bites a sweet crunch.
- 275 g packet frozen mini sweet tart cases (12)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 25 g unsalted butter, melted
- icing sugar mixture, to decorate
- Place tart cases on an oven tray. Divide nuts among cases.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar and butter in a medium jug until combined. Spoon about 1 tbsp mixture into each case.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until filling is set and pastry is golden. Cool completely on tray.
- Just before serving, dust with sifted icing sugar.
Try replacing macadamias with walnuts or pecans.
Tartlets can be made up to two days ahead. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||22.1 g|
|- Sugars||12.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|