Topped with Malteser bunnies, these cute Easter treats will be a hit with the kids. Using any cupcake mix of choice, kids will love helping you decorate.
- 490 g vanilla cupcake mix
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 12 Mars milk chocolate covered malt bunnies, to decorate
- 250 g unsalted butter, chopped at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups icing sugar mixture
- green food colouring paste, to tint
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity) with paper cases.
- Reserve icing sachet from cupcake mix for another use. Prepare cupcake mix according to packet directions. Divide evenly among paper cases.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make frosting, beat butter in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, ½ cup at a time, beating until well combined. Tint green with colouring.
- Place coconut in a medium snap-lock bag. Add a few drops of colouring. Seal and shake bag, rubbing coconut through plastic until coated.
- One at a time, evenly spread frosting over cupcakes. Rotate edge of cupcakes in coconut. Top with bunnies.
Any flavoured cupcake mix can be used in this recipe. Iced cupcakes can be made a day ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove 20 minutes before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||26.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||64.6 g|
|- Sugars||56.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g|