Who needs an Easter egg when you can enjoy these decadent delights? Made using almond meal, these treats are gluten-free and topped with shelled pistachios.
- 3 eggwhites (from 60g eggs)
- 160 g (⅔ cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp hazelnut meal
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 x 62 g tubs Nestle Diet Soleil chocolate mousse
- 15 g unsalted shelled pistachio nuts, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 100˚C (fan-forced). Line 2 trays with baking paper. Use an 8cm round cutter to trace 9 circles on each piece of paper with a thick black marker. Place the paper, marker side down on the baking trays.
- Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk eggwhites until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves. Whisk in vanilla extract. Add hazelnut meal and cocoa powder and use a large metal spoon to fold in until combined.
- Evenly divide meringue within paper circles. Use a small spoon to spread out evenly over circles. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn off oven and keep the door slightly ajar with a wooden spoon. Leave meringues in the oven for 1 hour to cool slowly, then transfer to an airtight container.
- Just before serving, spoon mousse into a bowl and whisk gently until smooth. Spread some mousse (about 1 tablespoon) over each biscuit. Sprinkle with a few pistachio slices and serve.
Keep the meringue biscuits in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Assemble just before serving as the meringues will start to soften if left too long with the mousse on top.
PER SERVE 577kJ, protein 3g, total fat 4g (sat. fat 0.8g), carbs 22g, fibre 1g, sodium 35mg • Carb exchanges 1½ • GI estimate medium • Gluten free
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||11.0 g|
|- Sugars||10.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|