Curried pork mince meatballs taste delicious in this green curry with coconut milk, baby corn and snow peas. Fresh Thai basil gives a zap of finishing flavour.
- 500 g pork mince
- ⅓ cup Thai green curry paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 115 g fresh baby corn, halved diagonally
- 200 g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Combine pork and 1 tbsp of the curry paste in a large bowl. Using damp hands, roll tablespoon of mixture into balls.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Wipe pan clean.
- Heat same frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add remaining paste. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk and stock. Bring to boil. Boil gently for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Return meatballs to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Add corn and snow peas. Stir for a further 2 minutes, or until just tender. Remove from heat. Stir in juice and basil.
- Serve with rice.
If fresh corn is unavailable, replace with a can of drained corn spears. Coriander can be used instead of Thai basil.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||29.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||7.9 g|
|- Sugars||3.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g|