Enjoy the flavours of the Middle East with this easy one-pot chicken recipe. Chicken is baked and served with couscous, dried apricots and slivered almonds.
- 6 chicken thigh cutlets, trimmed (1.5kg)
- 1 tbsp harissa spice blend
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- ⅓ cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Rub both sides of cutlets with seasoning.
- Heat an oiled, medium flameproof roasting pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Pour over combined stock and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove pan from oven. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add couscous to cooking juices in pan. Stir to combine. Top with chicken, skin-side up. Cover pan with foil. Stand for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until pan juices are absorbed by couscous. Stir in apricots and almonds.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Toast almonds in roasting pan before adding chicken. Stir for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||80.3 g|
|- Sugars||8.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.8 g|