Fabulous when you're after a lighter dinner, or ridiculously tasty lunch, these pizza pita pockets are stuffed with bacon, chorizo, and mozzarella cheese…
- 6 pita pockets, halved
- baby rocket leaves, to serve
- 200 g short-cut bacon rashers, chopped
- 250 g chorizo
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 red capsicums, sliced
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ¾ cups grated mozzarella
- ⅔ cup Portuguese BBQ peri-peri marinade
- To make filling, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add bacon and chorizo. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until golden. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Remove excess oil from pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, over a high heat for about 2 minutes, or until soft. Add capsicums and tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add to bacon mixture with 1 cup of the cheese and half the sauce. Mix well.
- Spoon about ½ cup filling into each halved pita pocket. Place pockets, slightly overlapping and in two rows, onto a large oven tray lined with baking paper. Spoon over remaining sauce. Sprinkle over remaining cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve pizza pockets with rocket.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||45.1 g|
|- Sugars||6.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.1 g|