These prosciutto, goat's cheese & rockmelon bruschetta toasts are ideal for entertaining. With walnuts & fresh herbs, it's an easy starter full of flavour.
- 16 x 1cm-thick slices of ciabatta (1 loaf)
- olive oil cooking spray
- ⅓ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ piece rockmelon, seeds removed
- 300 g goat's cheese (see tips, below)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 200 g thinly sliced prosciutto
- small fresh mint leaves, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Put slices of ciabatta on an oven tray, then spray both sides with olive oil. Toast in oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp on top. Set aside to cool.
- Combine walnuts, mint and thyme in a small bowl. Cut rockmelon into a couple of smaller wedges and remove skin. Cut wedges in half, then cut into long, paper-thin slices.
- Spread ciabatta evenly with goats cheese. Sprinkle with walnut herb mixture. Season. Tear prosciutto into thick strips. Fold and drape prosciutto and rockmelon on top of goats cheese. Garnish bruschetta with small mint leaves and serve.
Drizzle bruschetta with some of the marinating oil from jar just before serving, if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||8.9 g|
|- Sugars||0.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|