If you're after an elegant option for a cocktail party, these prawn baguette rolls are a great idea. Using pre-cooked prawns, they're ready in just 15 minutes!
- ⅓ cup creme fraiche
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eschallots, finely chopped
- 1 kg large cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 bunch fresh watercress, trimmed, sprigs picked (see variations, below)
- 1 baguette (see tips, below)
- 2 tbsp baby capers, drained
- Combine crème fraîche, mayonnaise, horseradish, chopped dill, lemon juice and eschallot in a medium bowl. Add prawns and stir to combine. Season.
- Rinse and drain watercress well. Trim ends off baguette, then cut into 3 even pieces (to make it easier to fill). Slice baguette pieces open horizontally. Spread prawn mixture evenly over bases. Sprinkle with capers and top with sprigs of watercress. Sandwich with top pieces of baguette.
- Tie baguette pieces at 3cm intervals with string. Cut into thick slices between pieces of string. Arrange on a serving platter. Serve.
You can use rocket, mixed salad leaves, kale or radish sprouts instead of watercress, if preferred.
For best results, choose a typical French baguette that isn’t too thick.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||7.7 g|
|- Sugars||1.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|