These quick pork meatballs are gluten-free and include red quinoa and passata sauce. Using lean pork mince, it's a budget-friendly dinner that's low in fat.
- 500 g extra lean pork mince
- 1 cup cooked and cooled red quinoa
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 700 g jar passata
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Combine mince, quinoa, egg, parmesan, garlic and half the basil in a bowl. Season well with pepper. Form into 12 meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add the meatballs and cook, turning often, for 5 min or until browned all over.
- Add the passata sauce, sugar and remaining basil, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 min, or until meatballs are cooked through. Serve with steamed greens. Garnish with basil leaves.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.2 g|
|- Sugars||10.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.3 g|