This gluten-free and low-fat sweet potato rosti tastes absolutely incredible! With a tomato salsa, and poached egg to top, it's a great brekkie or brunch.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 fresh long green chilli, deseeded and diced (optional)
- 2 cups loosely packed mixed salad leaves with rocket
- 4 eggs, poached
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Combine sweet potato, eggs, ⅓ cup of the coriander, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Divide the potato mixture into 8 portions and place into mounds on prepared trays. Spread out mounds into patties about 10-12cm wide. Spray lightly with olive oil spray and bake in the oven for 25 min, or until golden and tender, carefully turning halfway through cooking time.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, red onion, lime juice, chilli (if using) and remaining coriander in a bowl. Season to taste with pepper. Chill until required.
- To assemble, place 2 potato rostis onto each serving plate. Top each with some rocket and spinach salad mix, then divide tomato salsa between them. Top each with a poached egg. Garnish with dried chilli flakes, balsamic vinegar and extra salad leaves, if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.1 g|
|- Sugars||6.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|