Enjoy a brekkie of baked mushrooms with perfectly scrambled eggs, ham and baby spinach leaves. With cherry tomatoes and pesto, it's a flavour explosion!
- 3 medium open cap mushrooms, stalks removed
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ tsp olive oil
- 2 x 50 g eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp milk
- pepper, to season
- 15 g (½ cup) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 30 g salt-reduced leg ham shavings or gluten-free ham
- 2 tsp pesto or gluten-free pesto, to serve
- 300 ml fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper. Spray mushrooms and tomatoes with cooking spray. Roast for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tomatoes have softened.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Put eggs, milk and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add egg mixture to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until egg starts to set. Turn off heat and stir until just set.
- Arrange spinach, mushrooms, ham, tomatoes and egg on a serving plate or board. Drizzle over pesto and serve with juice.
PER SERVE 1568kJ, protein 25g,
total fat 16g (sat. fat 4g),
carbs 31g, fibre 5g,
• Carb exchanges 2
• GI estimate low
• Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.2 g|
|- Sugars||31.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|