Seasoned with Moroccan spices, lamb is pan-fried to tender perfection and enjoyed alongside a quinoa & chickpea salad with carrot, rocket & yoghurt dressing.
- 1 tsp Moroccan spice blend
- 500 g lean lamb steaks, trimmed of fat
- olive oil spray
- 135 g (¾ cup) white quinoa or tri-coloured quinoa
- 310 ml (1 ¼ cups) salt-reduced beef stock or gluten-free stock
- 300 g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 small carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 130 g (½ cup) low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- freshly squeezed juice of ½ lemon
- 100 g (4 cups) rocket leaves
- To make quinoa salad, cook quinoa according to packet instructions using beef stock instead of water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat a non-stick rying pan over a medium-high heat. Put Moroccan seasoning on a plate. Add lamb and turn to coat. Spray lamb on both sides with cooking spray. Add to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside.
- Put quinoa, chickpeas and carrot in a medium bowl and toss well to combine. Combine yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl. Slice the lamb.
- Divide rocket between serving plates. Top with quinoa salad and lamb. Drizzle with yoghurt dressing and serve.
PER SERVE 18287kJ, protein 38g, total fat 14g (sat. fat 4.8g), carbs 35g, fibre 6g, sodium 678g • Carb exchanges 21⁄3 • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option Lunch
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.1 g|
|- Sugars||5.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.2 g|