A fabulous gluten-free vegetarian dinner! With sliced eggplants, orange sweet potato, roasted capsicums, ricotta and pesto, it's full of rich flavour!
- 250 g orange sweet potatoes, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- olive oil cooking spray
- 200 g low-fat ricotta
- 3 tbsp low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 150 g canned roasted red capsicum in oil, drained, cut into pieces
- 25 g (1 cup) rocket leaves
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly squeezed fresh lemon juice, to serve
- small fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Pepper, to serve
- Put sweet potato and water in a shallow microwave dish. Cover and cook on high/100% for 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat a chargrill pan on medium-high. Spray both sides of eggplant with cooking spray. Add to chargrill and cook, in batches if necessary, for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Put ricotta, milk and pesto in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- To serve, arrange half the eggplant on serving plates in a circular pattern. Spread with a little of the ricotta mixture. Top with a layer of sweet potato followed by ricotta mixture, capsicum and rocket. Spoon over remaining ricotta mixture. Top with a final layer of eggplant. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice, and sprinkle with pepper and basil leaves. Serve.
PER SERVE 1568kJ, protein 20g, total fat 17.7g (sat. fat 5.8g), carbs 31g, fibre 10g, sodium 773mg • Carb exchanges 2 • GI estimate low • Gluten free
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.0 g|
|- Sugars||21.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.8 g|