Recipe by: Fast Ed
This simple yet elegant dessert will have dinner party guests oohing and aahing! Almonds, gelato, strawberries and yoghurt give a flavoursome mix of textures.
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds scraped
- ¼ cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 4 ginger nut biscuits, crushed
- 200 ml mango sorbet
- Put caster sugar and wine in a medium saucepan. Simmer over a medium heat. Add berries for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Put nuts, vanilla seeds, icing sugar and yoghurt in a blender. Puree until smooth. Spread on serving plates. To serve, top with berries, gingernuts and sorbet.
Make up the berries beforehand, allowing them to cool whilst you and guests enjoy dinner!
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||61.4 g|
|- Sugars||56.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.9 g|