Recipe by: Fast Ed
This actually tastes amazing! Avo gives mousse a creaminess that’s even better than a traditional recipe. Dark chocolate & pomegranate make a delicious pair.
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond essence
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup aromatic honey
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup cream, whipped to soft peaks
- toasted hazelnuts, to serve
- pomegranate arils, to serve
- dark chocolate shavings, to serve
- Put avocados, vanilla, almond essence, cocoa and honey in a blender and puree until smooth. With blender still running, add ½ cup boiling water, pomegranate juice and puree until completely smooth.
- Spoon into 250ml glasses and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Top with cream, hazelnuts, pomegranate arils and chocolate shavings. Serve.
You can use store-bought pomegranate juice. Find it in the juice aisle of your supermarket.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||79.2 g|
|- Sugars||72.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||12.9 g|