Recipe by: Fast Ed
You know you always need green – and here it is in spades! The fresh spinach and herb juice is the lightest and most delicious way to finish any curry.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 6 cm piece ginger, cut into fine batons
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- ¼ cup vegan Thai green curry paste
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 x 400 g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- ½ cup green peas
- 2 bunches English spinach, leaves picked
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked, plus extra to serve
- ½ bunch fresh mint leaves picked
- juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- coconut cream, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, ginger, garlic and lime leaves. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste then cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to stick.
- Pour in stock, bring to a simmer then add chickpeas. Cook gently for 10 minutes then add zucchini and peas.
- Put spinach, coriander, mint and juice in a blender and puree until very smooth. Stir into curry then remove from heat. Season.
- Divide curry between bowls. To serve, top with sprouts, a dollop of coconut cream and Asian herbs.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.7 g|
|- Sugars||8.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||14.5 g|