Everyone loves a rissole, and now you can try a Mexican rissole! Served with fresh guac on flour tortillas, these will become a weeknight family favourite!
- 500 g chicken mince
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup package dried breadcrumbs
- 2 green spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 25 cm flour tortillas, to serve
- radish salad (optional – see tip), to serve
- lemon halves, to serve
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine mince, parmesan, breadcrumbs, onions, parsley, seasoning, garlic and egg in a large bowl. Mix well. Shape mixture into rissoles (about 1/3 cup in each).
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add rissoles. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn over. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- To make guacamole, place avocados and juice in a bowl. Mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve rissoles with tortillas, guacamole, radish salad and lemon halves.
Rissoles can be made up to a day ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Cook just before serving. To make a radish salad, combine sliced radish, cucumber and parsley leaves in a bowl.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||34.3 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.8 g|