Oh, joy! These honey joys take only 25 minutes to make! Using cornflakes, honey, shredded coconut and milk chocolate, they make a delicious on-the-go snack!
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 75 g unsalted butter, chopped
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 100 g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity) with paper cases.
- Place corn flakes and coconut in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Combine butter, honey and sugar in a medium saucepan over a medium to low heat. Stir until butter is melted and mixture is frothy. Add chocolate. Stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour butter mixture over corn flakes and coconut. Stir until combined. Working quickly, spoon evenly into paper cases.
- Cook in a slow oven (150C) for about 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan before serving.
Honey Joys are cooked when you start to smell the delicious honey aroma. They will harden on cooling. Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||22.9 g|
|- Sugars||15.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|