There are heaps of side salads out there, but when it comes to the cooler months, side vegies can be just as delicious! This eggplant & pumpkin roast is easy!
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled
- 2 medium eggplants (700g), trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp harissa spice blend
- Cut pumpkin into 1cm-thick slices. Cut in half crossways. Cut eggplant lengthways into 3cm-thick wedges.
- Toss pumpkin and eggplant in a large bowl with oil until coated. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to two large oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make spiced yoghurt. Combine yoghurt and seasoning in a small jug.
- Serve pumpkin and eggplant on a plate. Drizzle over spiced yoghurt. Sprinkle with pine nuts, pepitas and mint.
As an alternative, replace pumpkin with sweet potato, and eggplant with zucchini.
This dish can also be served cold.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.5 g|
|- Sugars||14.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||12.2 g|