Hot potato, hot potato! These Sebago potato stacks are roasted in the oven with parmesan, garlic & thyme for a tasty side – perfect with a roast dinner.
- ⅓ cup thickened cream
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (60g)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 kg Sebago potatoes
- fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
- Heavily grease a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity).
- Combine cream, thyme, garlic, half the parmesan, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Using a mandoline, cut potatoes into 3mm-thick slices. Add to cream mixture. Toss until potatoes are well coated.
- Evenly stack potato slices into prepared pan-holes. Cover pan with foil.
- Cook in a moderately hot oven (190C) for 30 minutes. Remove pan. Discard foil. Sprinkle over remaining parmesan.
- Return pan to oven. Cook for a further 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and edges are crisp. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 10 minutes.
- To serve, lift potato stacks onto serving plates. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
Don’t rinse potatoes after slicing. Try using other cheeses and herbs such as cheddar and rosemary, for a change.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.0 g|
|- Sugars||1.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|