This pork dish is a perfect choice for an easy, quick dinner. Infused with Chinese five spice and an Asian bean salad, this dish is sure to impress.
- 800 g pork butterfly with chinese five spice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- steamed rice to serve
- lemon wedges to serve
- fresh coriander sprigs to serve
Asian bean salad
- 200 g green beans trimmed and diagonally halved
- ½ cup oriental fried noodle salad dressing
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 baby cos lettuce, sliced (375g)
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup crisp, fried shallots
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Line a medium roasting pan with baking paper. Add pork. Drizzle with oil.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to moderate (180C). Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until cooked. Remove. Transfer pork to a plate. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make salad. Add beans to a large saucepan of boiling water. Boil for about 1 minute, or until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Whisk dressing with juice and sauce in a large serving bowl. Add beans, lettuce and coriander. Toss well. Scatter over shallots and sesame seeds.
- Serve sliced pork over rice with lemon wedges, coriander and salad. Spoon over any resting juices.
To caramelise the edges of the pork, it needs to start in a very hot oven. Roasts are available from supermarkets and butchers.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.7 g|
|- Sugars||6.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.0 g|