This recipe is perfect for a traditional family dinner.
- 1.4 kg beef rump steak roasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 400 g butternut pumpkin pieces
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, cut into 4 cm pieces
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 300 g baby Brussels sprouts
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup gravy powder
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Place in an oiled, large, non-stick roasting pan.
- Toss pumpkin and carrots with half the oil in a large bowl. Season. Arrange in a single layer on a large oven tray.
- Cook beef on middle shelf and vegetables on lower shelf in a very hot oven (220C) for 20 minutes. Remove vegetables from oven.
- Toss sprouts with 2 tsps of the remaining oil in a bowl. Spoon over vegetables.
- Reduce oven to moderate (180C). Return vegetables to oven with beef. Cook for a further 25 minutes until beef is cooked to medium, or to your liking, and vegetables are tender. Remove from oven.
- Keep vegetables warm. Rest beef, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes. Thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, make gravy.
Heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Add stock and vinegar. Bring to boil. Sprinkle over gravy powder. Stir until smooth. Gently boil for about 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve beef with roasted vegetables and gravy.
Pre-cut pumpkin pieces are available from major supermarkets. Remove beef from fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.0 g|
|- Sugars||7.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|