For an elegant dessert for two that requires minimum effort, try this meringue nest Eton mess with fresh raspberries, passionfruit & zesty lemon curd.
- 125 g raspberries
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- ⅓ cup creme fraiche
- ⅓ cup thickened cream
- ¼ cup good-quality lemon curd
- 2 meringue nests
- 2 passionfruits, halved
- Place two-thirds of the raspberries in a bowl and sprinkle over the sugar. Toss gently to combine, then crush raspberries gently so they start to release some juice. Set aside.
- Combine the crème fraîche and thickened cream and whisk briefly to thicken slightly, so it just holds its shape. Gently swirl through the lemon curd so the yellow of the curd is still visible.
- Break up the meringue nests and arrange three-quarters of the meringue on a share plate. Top with spoonfuls of the lemon curd/ cream mix. Spoon over the sugared raspberries and any juice.
- Tear remaining raspberries and scatter over the top along with the remaining meringue. Spoon pulp out of passionfruits and spoon over the top.
This dish is the perfect solution if you are making meringues and some break.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||19.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.2 g|
|- Sugars||38.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.3 g|