Crumbed with panko breadcrumbs, prawns are pan-fried and served with a delicious spicy lime sauce of garlicky mayo, sriracha hot sauce and lime juice.
- 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 8 large king prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left intact
- 2- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small baby cos lettuce, cut into thick wedges
- 1 punnet micro herbs (optional)
- 1 finger lime (optional)
Spicy lime sauce
- ½ cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 3 tsp Sriracha chilli sauce, to taste
- ½ small garlic clove, crushed, to taste
- To make the spicy lime sauce, combine all the ingredients and set aside, remembering the garlic flavour will increase the longer it is left.
- Finely grate the zest from half the lemon. Cut remaining lemon into wedges and reserve. Combine lemon zest, panko, thyme and a pinch of sea salt in a shallow dish. Place egg in a small bowl, lightly beat with a fork. Place flour on a plate, season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Dip each prawn in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, coating well and shaking off excess each time.
- Heat oil in a large frypan. Fry prawns for 3–4 minutes, or until they have turned pink all over. Drain on a paper towel.
- Place a wedge of lettuce on each plate, top with prawns and drizzle with lime sauce. Add a lemon wedge or two for squeezing over. Garnish with micro herbs and if using finger lime, cut off one end then squeeze out the little pearls and scatter over the dish.
Sriracha is a spicy Vietnamese chilli sauce and is available from most supermarkets. Use if you want to add a kick to your dish.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||21.6 g|
|- Sugars||4.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|