This delicious dinner meal contains delicious sweet potatoes to complement boneless chicken.
- 750 g sweet potato, washed, cut into 2 cm slices
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 860 g boneless chicken roast with tomato and basil stuffing
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- lemon cut into wedges, to serve
- 120 g mixed salad leaves
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 firm avocado, halved and sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup Italian dressing
- Toss sweet potato with 1 tbsp of the oil in a large flameproof roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer. Place chicken on top. Season. Drizzle over remaining oil.
- Pour combined boiling water and stock cube into pan. Cover tightly with foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°c) for 50 minutes. Remove foil. Cook for a further 25 minutes, or until chicken and potato are cooked. Remove from oven. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Remove netting and slice chicken.
- To make salad, combine all ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Serve chicken and potato with salad and lemon wedges.
To save time, chicken can be roasted in its foil container, according to packet instructions for 45 to 60 minutes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.8 g|
|- Sugars||10.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.9 g|