This chicken dish is a perfectly creamy main meal served with delicious vegies. Your guests are sure to beg for the recipe for this amazing pesto sauce.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 4 x 200 g chicken breast fillets
- steamed baby potatoes and broccoli to serve
Creamy tomato pesto sauce
- 300 g sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ⅓ cup sundried tomato pesto
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tblsp of the oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- To make sauce, heat remaining oil in same pan. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Blend corn our with 2 tbsps of the stock in a jug. Add to pan with remaining stock, pesto and cream. Stir until combined. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Return chicken to pan. Turn to coat in sauce. Gently boil, covered, for 4 minutes. Uncover. Gently boil for a further 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken and sauce with potatoes and broccolini.
For a smoky ham infusion, add 100g diced bacon when cooking mushrooms
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||8.4 g|
|- Sugars||4.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.4 g|