Spice up your regular brownies with a bit of chai!
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 g dark chocolate block, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ½ cup chai tea spice
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- extra cocoa powder to decorate
- Grease and line base and sides of an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove. Cool slightly for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, eggs and combined sifted flour, chai tea spice, cocoa, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir until smooth. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 50 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Remove. Cool in pan.
- Lift slice out of pan. Dust with sifted extra cocoa. Cut into squares.
We used Arkadia Chai Tea Spice available from Woolworths. Brownies can be made up to three days ahead. Store in an airtight container. In warm weather, refrigerate, removing 1 hour before serving
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.1 g|
|- Sugars||21.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.4 g|