Recipe by: Cake Bake Make
Cake Bake Make's delicious Tim Tam cake is crunchy chocolatey goodness!
- 250 g butter
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 6 Tim Tam biscuits, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
- 1 tsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 5 Tim Tam biscuits to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 160°c and line the base and sides of a 22cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Chop the butter into 8 pieces and place into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute on medium heat or until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift the cocoa and self-raising flour into a large bowl and add the caster sugar, eggs, milk, Tim Tam pieces and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes or until cooked when a skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before carefully turning out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, you can make the chocolate icing. Sift the cocoa and icing sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the softened butter and pour the boiling water directly over the butter.
- Use a small whisk, combine all of the ingredients until the chocolate icing is smooth and is a spreadable consistency. If you find your icing is still a little firm, add an extra teaspoon of boiling water.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the icing and place onto your cooled cake. Spread the icing out using a spatula or butter knife until the cake is covered. Roughly chop the remaining 5 Tim Tams and place on top of the cake to decorate.
You will need one 200g packet of Tim Tams for this recipe.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||22.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||83.3 g|
|- Sugars||57.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.3 g|