This tasty tagine could not be simpler and is ready to eat in 20 mins
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tbsps, olive oil
- 1 onion cut into ½ cm pieces
- 3 tsp tagine spice blend
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 750 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- ½ cup pitted Sicilian olive
- fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
- Place couscous in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour over 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Cut one lemon half into wedges. Set aside. Cut
remaining into four slices.
- Combine oil, onion and spice blend in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on High for 3 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Meanwhile, blend cornflour with 2 tbsps of the stock in a small jug until smooth. Stir in remaining stock, chutney and paste.
- Add chicken to onion mixture. Stir in stock mixture. Cover. Microwave on High for 5 minutes. Add lemon slices.
Cover. Microwave on Medium-High for a further 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Stir. Stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Stir in olives.
- Serve with couscous and lemon wedges. Garnish with coriander.
Try adding 1/4 cup diced dried apricots to tagine, for a change.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||81.4 g|
|- Sugars||8.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|