A five-ingredient banana cake is a delicious afternoon tea. It's also a caramel cake – a great combo of flavours that'll have you reaching for another slice!
- 400 g banana bread mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 380 g can caramel topping
- vanilla ice-cream
- Invert base of a 20cm springform pan (base measures 18cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edge.
- Place bread mix in a large bowl with eggs, oil and 3⁄4 cup water. Stir until smooth.
- Whisk caramel in a small bowl until smooth. Gently fold half the caramel into cake mixture to create a swirl pattern. Do not over-mix. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Dollop remaining caramel over cake mixture. Using a skewer, swirl through mixture.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°c) for about 45 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Remove. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm cake with ice-cream.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||65.6 g|
|- Sugars||50.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.0 g|