This fruity curry is a fantastic weeknight winter meal for the family. Packed with vegies, it's healthy(ish) and delish.
- 8 chicken sausages
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp mild Indian curry powder
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp chicken gravy mix
- 225 g canned pineapple pieces, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil and brown the sausages, in batches, until lightly golden. Remove sausages, cut each into three pieces and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and spray the pan with some more oil. Fry onion until soft, about
5 min. Add the curry powder, carrot and capsicum and fry for a further 1 min. Add the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Return the sausages to the pan. Simmer for 5 min. Stir in gravy mix, pineapple pieces and peas. Simmer further 2 min or until heated through. Serve with cooked rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.5 g|
|- Sugars||8.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.9 g|