Lemon chicken is perfectly complemented by a nutty red cabbage salad in what is a great light lunch, dinner or entrée.
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- olive oil, to serve
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- lemon cut into wedges, to serve
- 4 cups red cabbage, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped, blanched
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Toss 8 chicken tenderloins in 1 tablespoon each fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Season with sea salt and cracked pepper
- Cook over a low heat on a non-stick flat grill until cooked through. Cool slightly then push onto skewers.
- Divide Paleo salad between plates and top with chicken. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle ¼ cup pine nuts between plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
As an alternative to olive oil, try avocado, coconut, or macadamia oil in salad dressings and for cooking. They’ll add a different flavour to your dishes.
This is also good with grilled salmon, tuna or swordfish.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.6 g|
|- Sugars||3.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|