Enjoy this Afghan twist on a pizza recipe with delicious toppings sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 small zucchini (140g), trimmed
- 1 finger eggplant (110 g), trimmed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 400 g packet Afghan garlic bread
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50 g soft feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- Toss zucchini, eggplant and onion in a large bowl with oil, garam masala and coriander until coated. Transfer to a large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°c) for about 10 minutes, or until just tender. Remove from oven. Transfer vegetables to a plate.
- Re-line tray with a sheet of baking paper. Place bread on paper. Arrange vegetable mixture over bread. Top with tomatoes, feta and sesame seeds.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°c) for about 10 minutes, or until bread is crisp. 5 Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Afghan bread is available from major supermarkets, or replace with a Turkish loaf. For extra flavour, try tossing vegetables with dukkah or dried chilli flakes
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||71.0 g|
|- Sugars||8.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||12.1 g|