This fried chicken wing recipe gives others a run for their money! Chicken is crispy on the outside and succulent on the inside... yum!
- 8 chicken wings
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil, plus extra for shallow frying
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- Place chicken in a shallow dish. Pour over buttermilk. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine our, powder and salt in a bowl. Season with pepper. Mix well.
- Toss one chicken wing at a time into flour mixture. Shake off excess.
- Heat enough oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium to high heat to shallow-fry. Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned all over. Transfer to an oiled rack sitting over a large oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°c) for about 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- To make chilli sauce, combine all ingredients
in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Serve chicken with sauce and salad leaves (optional).
For a change, try using chicken drumsticks. Make sure the oven rack is well oiled to prevent wings from sticking.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.2 g|
|- Sugars||3.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|