Lovely lamb combined with a classic roast pumpkin is mixed together with couscous and rocket leaves to create the perfect side dish or light main.
- 600 g lamb strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 600 g butternut pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 80 g baby rocket leaves
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Toss pumpkin and chickpeas in a large bowl with honey, rosemary, salt and pepper, and 1 tbsp of oil. Spread evenly over two oiled oven trays.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240°c) for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender.
- Cook couscous according to packet directions. Fluff with a fork. Place in a bowl.
- Heat an oiled, non- stick frying pan over a high heat. Add lamb in four batches. Cook for 30 seconds without stirring, then stir until
cooked to your liking.
- To make dressing, whisk remaining oil with juice in a jug. Season.
- Add pumpkin, chickpeas, lamb, rocket and tomatoes to couscous with dressing. Toss well.
- Serve garnished with extra rocket.
Leave lamb in pan to help it colour, but don’t overcook. Add resting juices to the couscous. Turn pumpkin to cook it evenly.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||80.8 g|
|- Sugars||16.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.1 g|