This delish cheesy chicken is a perfect weeknight meal – less than half an hour before it's ready to eat!
- 4 x 150 g chicken breast fillets
- 4 Swiss cheese slices, halved
- ⅓ cup semi-dried tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300 ml light cooking cream tub
- 2 tbsps Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 800 g potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 400 g green beans, trimmed
- Cut each breast horizontally through the side to form a large pocket. Fill with cheese and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled ovenproof frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer pan to a moderate oven (180°C). Cook for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove chicken. Cover to keep warm.
- Add cream, mustard and vinegar to any cooking juices in frying pan. Whisk to combine. Place pan over a high heat. Bring to boil. Season.
- Meanwhile, boil or microwave potatoes, asparagus and beans, separately until tender.
- Serve potatoes and chicken topped with sauce, asparagus and beans. Garnish with pepper.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.2 g|
|- Sugars||9.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.3 g|