This creamy gnocchi is a must-eat for fans of Italian food.
- 500 g potato gnocchi
- 900 g butternut pumpkin
- 50 g butter chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 300 ml light cooking cream
- ½ cup water
- 120 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- grated Parmesan to serve
- Cook gnocchi according to packet directions. Drain.
- Peel pumpkin. Cut into 1cm pieces. Boil, steam or microwave until tender. Drain.
- Heat butter in a large, non- stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add gnocchi, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until starting to brown.
- Add pumpkin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until lightly golden. Add cream, water and spinach. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until spinach is just wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with parmesan.
Gnocchi is available from the refrigerator section of major supermarkets. Add diced bacon when frying gnocchi for a flavour boost.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||61.8 g|
|- Sugars||7.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.2 g|