The classic Italian dessert is now an ice-cream cake ideal for parties and entertaining! Not even cold weather could keep us away from this rich beauty.
- 2 litres vanilla ice-cream
- 1 tbsp Dutch cocoa powder plus extra to garnish
- 100 ml Kahlua or Tia Maria
- 100 ml coffee cooled room temperature
- 12 sponge fingers
- chocolate-coated coffee beans to garnish
- chocolate-coated sultanas to garnish
- Put ice-cream in a large bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
- Dust base and sides of a 23cm round fluted silicone pan with cocoa. Remove excess by turning upside down and tapping gently.
- Stir ice-cream until smooth. Pour ½ of the ice-cream into prepared pan and smooth surface.
- Combine liqueur and coffee in a small bowl then dip savoiardi biscuits, 2 at a time, into mixture until biscuits are well soaked but still holding shape. Arrange biscuits neatly in a single layer on ice-cream, cutting where necessary to cover. Pour over remaining ice-cream. Smooth surface. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Turn out cake and transfer to a serving plate, decorative side up. Garnish with extra cocoa, coffee beans and sultanas, and serve immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||54.1 g|
|- Sugars||42.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|