With savoury sausages and sweet apples, this flavour fusion will be a palate-pleaser. A variety of veg adds some colour and flavour to your weeknight meal.
- 1 red apple unpeeled quartered cut into chunks core removed
- 1 Granny Smith apple unpeeled quartered cut into chunks core removed
- 300 g orange sweet potato peeled chopped
- 300 g Brussels sprouts trimmed halved
- 1 capsicum seeded cut into chunks
- handful fresh sage leaves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 3 beef sausages
- 1 Tbsp salt-reduced traditional gravy powder
- 80 ml boiling water
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Line a medium roasting pan with baking paper. Place the apples, sweet potato, brussels sprouts, capsicum, sage and rosemary in the pan. Spray with oil. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausages to the pan and spray with oil. Roast for 10 minutes or until the sausages are cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk the gravy powder and the boiling water in a small heatproof jug until well combined and thickened.
- Serve the sausages, with the apple and vegetables drizzled with the gravy. (Allowing 11⁄2 sausages per person).
We used Peppercorn Extra Lean Beef Sausages.
PER SERVE 1794kJ, protein 26g, total fat 10.5g (sat. fat 4g), carbs 47g, fibre 20g, sodium 592mg, Carb exchanges 3, GI estimate low
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.2 g|
|- Sugars||25.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||13.7 g|