These bite-sized muffins are ready in just 20 mins. Packed with citrusy goodness, polenta and poppy seeds, this delicious recipe is also gluten-free!
- cooking spray
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup polenta (cornmeal)
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup caster sugar
- finely grated zest 1 orange
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- 40 g light margarine melted cooled
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fanforced). Line 24 x 30ml (1½ Tbsp) mini muffin pan holes with paper cases. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, polenta, almond meal, sugar, orange zest and poppy seeds in a large bowl. Stir in the orange juice, egg and margarine until well combined.
- Divide the batter between paper cases. Reduce oven to 170°C (fan-forced) and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until tested with a skewer. Set aside in pans for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
PER SERVE (with sugar) 598kJ, protein 3g, total fat 4.6g (sat. fat 0.5g), carbs 22g, fibre 1g, sodium 119mg
• Carb exchanges 1½
• GI estimate medium
• Gluten free
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.6 g|
|- Sugars||4.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|