This delicious budget meal with cheese, tomato and ham is sure to please the entire family. The bread provides a surprise crunch that'll make seconds a must
- 225 g ciabatta bread torn into pieces
- 100 g shaved leg ham chopped
- ½ x 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 green spring onions thinly sliced diagonally
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Grease a shallow ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity)
- Place bread in prepared dish. Scatter over ham, tomatoes and onions.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, paprika, salt and pepper in a large jug. Whisk in cheese. Pour over bread mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown and egg mixture is set. Remove. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Strata can be prepared to end of Step 3, up to one day ahead. For a change, replace ham with shredded roast chicken meat.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||21.9 g|
|- Sugars||6.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.4 g|