If you’re sick of paying $5 or more for a slice of something sweet to go alongside your coffee at your local cafe, this easy coconut bread recipe is for you!
- 1 ⅓ cups caster sugar
- 175 g unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line the base and sides of a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the caster sugar and butter into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time, mixing well on low speed after each addition.
- Add the coconut milk, self-raising flour and desiccated coconut and mix on a medium speed until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin you prepared earlier and bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer (when skewer inserted into loaf comes out clean).
You can add blueberries, raspberries or strawberries to this recipe. Gently fold them through the mixture after step 4.
This recipe is freezer friendly.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||41.6 g|
|- Sugars||27.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g|