Turn biscuits into slices with these classic biscuit combos in a slice – just right for sharing! Kids will go crazy over the nutty, chocolatey flavour.
- 250 g unsalted butter chopped at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ⅓ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 g dark chocolate chopped
- ½ cup chopped macadamias
- extra 100 g dark chocolate melted
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Beat butter and sugars in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add combined sifted flour and baking powder. Stir until combined. Stir in chopped chocolate and macadamias. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for 30 minutes, or until light golden and firm to touch. Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan.
- Remove from pan. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Stand until set. Cut into squares.
Macadamias can be replaced with almonds or hazelnuts, if preferred. Slice can be made up to four days ahead. Store in an airtight container
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.6 g|
|- Sugars||19.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.4 g|