This delish chicken and pumpkin laksa is a chicken soup alternative perfect for winter eating. Dig in!
- ½ x 250 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup laksa paste
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 650 g butternut pumpkin peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 l boiling chicken stock
- 150 g green beans trimmed, halved
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- Cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain. Using kitchen scissors, cut into shorter lengths.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a stockpot over a medium heat. Add paste. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken, pumpkin and stock. Bring to boil. Add beans. Gently boil for 3 minutes. Add coconut milk, sauce and juice. Return to a gentle boil. Cook for a further 1 minute, or until chicken is cooked and laksa is hot.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Spoon over laksa. Top with coriander.
Serve laksa as soon as it is cooked, as noodles will absorb stock on standing. Chicken stock can be replaced with 2 large stock cubes dissolved in 1 litre water.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.5 g|
|- Sugars||7.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.1 g|