This delicious brown rice dish is packed with vegies – capsicum, tomato and peas make this extra flavoursome and a perfect addition to dinner.
- 450 g brown rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small red onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 400 g arrabiata sauce
- 400 g canned kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat rice for 1 minute according to packet directions.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, until soft. Add paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add rice to pan with sauce, beans and water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Cover with lid.
- Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Add peas. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for a further 2 minutes, or until peas are tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve immediately
Arrabiata pasta sauce has a spicy tomato-chilli flavour. If you prefer, replace it with your favourite variety.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||112.0 g|
|- Sugars||14.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||17.7 g|