This risoni is a perfect weeknight dinner for the family, providing some omega-3 to your diet.
- 425 g can Sirena canned tuna in oil
- 1 ½ cups risoni
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 300 g canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100 g soft feta, crumbled
- lemon cut into wedges, to serve
- Drain the tuna, reserving 1 tbsp of the oil. Flake tuna into large chunks
- Cook risoni in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl. Add juice and reserved oil. Stir to combine.
- Add tuna, corn, capsicum, onions and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Transfer rice mixture to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with feta. Serve with lemon.
Instead of tuna, replace with canned salmon or shredded roasted chicken meat.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||83.2 g|
|- Sugars||7.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.7 g|