This incredible roasted sweet potato is stuffed with black beans and flavoursome vegies, making a perfect main for a vegetarian weeknight dinner for one.
- 300 g orange sweet potato, washed
- olive oil spray
- 45 g canned black beans, drained
- 25 g avocado, finely chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp coriander roughly chopped
- 1tbsp extra-light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp reduced-fat grated cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fanforced). Using a fork, prick the sweet potato all over and spray with cooking spray. Wrap the potato in foil and place on a small baking tray. Roast for 30 minutes or until the flesh is soft when
tested with a skewer.
- Carefully remove sweet potato from the foil and place on a serving plate. Slice down the centre lengthways (don’t cut all the way through) and flatten out slightly.
- Combine the black beans, avocado, tomatoes, lime juice and coriander in a small bowl. Using a spoon, pile mixture on top of the sweet potato. Top with sour cream and cheese. Sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.
Try replacing the black beans with no-added-salt kidney beans and the coriander with parsley.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.8 g|
|- Sugars||13.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||12.1 g|