This creamy mushroom goulash pie is a filling main dish for four with a cooking time of just 30 mins. You'll love the rich flavours and the warmth it'll bring!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 300 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 sachet no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 x 400 g no-added-salt tomato puree
- 125 ml salt-reduced chicken stock
- 600 g skinless chicken breast fillets trimmed of fat, thickly sliced
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 60 g extra-light sour cream
- 4 filo pastry sheets
- olive oil cooking spray
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, carrot, capsicum, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes. Add the paprika and oregano and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Preheat oven to 200 C (fan-forced). Add the tomato paste, tomato puree and stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 1 minute. Add the combined cornflour and sour cream to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens and comes to a simmer. Transfer to a 2L (8 cup) ovenproof dish.
- Spray each sheet of filo with cooking spray and cut each sheet lengthways into 4. Scrunch each strip of filo up and place on top of the chicken mixture to cover. Spray filo with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until the filo is golden brown on top. Serve.
Per Serve: 1564kJ, protein 41g, fat 10.5g (sat fat 2.9g), carbs 22g, fibre 9g, sodium 304mg. Carb exchanges 1 1/2. estimated GI low. Lower carb option.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.0 g|
|- Sugars||13.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.5 g|