This succulent, fall-apart lamb is made wondrously filling with the addition of lentils plus healthy vegies. It's slow-cooked to perfection.
- 6 lamb shanks, trimmed
- 1 cup dried green lentils, rinsed
- 2 carrots, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 celery sticks cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ⅓ cup semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 700 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml white wine
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs oregano
- 3 sprigs parsley
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- steamed green beans, to serve
- bread to serve
- Put all ingredients except for all extra parsley, seasoning, beans and bread, in the bowl of a 5L slow cooker.
- Place bowl in appliance, cover with lid and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Remove bowl from appliance, remove lid. Season and stir in extra 1 Tbsp chopped parsley then serve topped with beans and extra parsley sprigs, with bread on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||78.8 g|
|- Sugars||13.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||14.3 g|