Here’s a recipe every cook should know! This yummy, rustic-style condiment will star on your cheese board and in school sandwiches.
- 4 red onions, sliced
- 3 cup mixed tomatoes, quartered
- 1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 5 cm ginger piece, grated
- 1 whole allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- thickly sliced zest of 2 oranges
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan over a low heat. Gently bring to a simmer then increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, for 45 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- While chutney is still hot, spoon into sterilised jars. Allow to cool upside down (to stop air getting in). Use within a week of opening
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||49.0 g|
|- Sugars||37.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.0 g|